Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Liberty But No Boats

Before we left Nashville I had a bunch of cards printed with my name, email address and my phone number. I promised everyone that "thanks to the miracle of the internet, my Nashville phone number will be valid in Panama! You can just call me like a local call - once we have internet access at the house - and we can talk with no long distance fees."

And that is true. Except for one teeny-tiny little glitch: we cannot locate the phone gizmo that sets up the internet phone connection! We know we disconnected it in Nashville. And we are pretty sure we packed it in one of our suitcases. But darned if we have found it.

So, yes, you should be able to call us as if we were in Nashville. But don't try just yet. And don't throw away those cards with my phone number. Because by hook or by crook, we'll get everything connected. And then we'll talk.

No comments: