Monday, August 18, 2008

GOTCHA!

Boy, howdy, you'd think with all the furniture and stuff out of the house that it would be a breeze to go through the dibs and dabs left behind and clean a few countertops and floors and then kick back and relax.

HA!

I have spent the day working like the proverbial dog and I can't see all that much progress. Honesty forces me to confess that for every "my" item to decide whether to keep or dispose of, Bob probably has 10 or more. The reason is mostly that I flung clutter like a madwoman while I was packing. And Bob has been taking care of all the administrative side of the equation. (I am a fantastic follower, but a truly lousy leader. Trust me.)

And I am also much more inclined to just give something away than try to sell it. (I mean, if the object is to clear things out, then that trumps getting top dollar, in my humble opinion.)

We're "leavin' on a jet plane" in 2 weeks and 2 days. We have about 6 weeks of work ahead of us to get this place ready to rent - even if the renters are family. I think that works out to doing 3 days work in 1. I'm tired already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandy,
I OXOXOX You!!!
Keep gettin ready ...
You aren't lookin for perfection.
Only to GET OUT IN ONE PIECE!!!!

Tina Braswell said...

Hey Brandy! I'm praying for you. I've gotta great book about the effects of moving on women I'll have to suggest when you are ready for that. I'm just guessing now would not be the time to start a new book! Love you guys!