Friday, August 29, 2008

When You Don't Get What You Want...

That's when you get experience.

I'm experiencing in a big way. I had hoped that these last few days in Nashville might be spent relaxing and visiting and visiting and whatnot. Instead I am looking at a mountain of papers and "things" that still have to be dealt with. And another mountain of "deferred maintenance" that can no longer be deferred.

And I just cannot make decisions about 99% of it. All I can do is fret.

And I'm fretting big time.

Bob compares this to the time when the US Navy was evacuating people from Saigon and had to push helicopters over the sides of the ships because there was no room on the decks to keep them. I know it hurts him to have to dispose of a lot of "neat stuff", and I wish I could shield him from it. But I can't.

Man, does this hurt.

No comments: