Sunday, August 24, 2008

Magnificat

In all humility I quote Luke 1:46:

"My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant... for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name."

At home Bible Study tonight (which I hosted) Will gave the youth and adults present the opportunity to - well, bless me. And my heart is overflowing with love and appreciation for all they said and did.

An English poet, possibly Wordsworth, wrote about "little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love". I mention that quote because many of the things that were so important to the youth I had almost (or completely) forgotten. And things that mean everything to me, I'm sure they've forgotten. It balances.

For every blessing I may have given, I have received back a thousand-fold. "[My] children rise up and call [me] blessed; [my] husband also, and he praises [me]. Prov. 31:28

Please- to God be the glory. My cup runneth over.

No comments: