Friday, August 8, 2008

They're Putting Us Into Overtime!

We got a phone call today from the movers. They want to change the pickup date from Tuesday, August 12, to Thursday, August 14.

I don't even know how to describe my emotions. Firstly, I am frustrated because I had a "Brandy's Pamper Time" scheduled for Thursday afternoon so I could recover from Tuesday. So the first thing I had to do was call and reschedule all my appointments. Blessings upon Seraphim Salon for taking care of everything on that end!

Then I actually felt a sense of relief because the 2 extra days lifts some of the burden of "ohmigosh I have to get this done NOWWWWWW" feeling I've had for the last week. I'm down to emptying the refrigerator/freezer, packing up the washing machine, and putting my clothes in the wardrobe box. Then I can pack my suitcases and wait for our departure date.

Well, there ARE other things to be packed and dealt with, but - well - the other things appear to belong to Mr. Bob.

Oh, yeah, and another thing. We sent the estimated packing list to the movers last night, and the agent is worried that we may be "over a bit". So we went through the packing spreadsheet and highlighted those items that we can "pack last" because once the box or item is in the container they will not bring it back out. The "pack last" items are the things we could live without. Don't worry about me. The yarn and kitchen items are not negotiable. I'll leave the refrigerator before I'll leave my dishes and my yarn.

Anyone want to join me on this roller-coaster ride??



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for turning me on to your new blog!
This is really great insight for someone considering the move herself...
Sort of funny watching someone else go through this and wondering "would I feel over whelmed?" As long as I can bring my yarn ... and; by the way; my new spinning wheel (so we will have a source of yarn in Panama)
I should be okay.
We look forward to seeing you in October.
I'll bookmark your blog so I can keep up with your progress.

XOX