Monday, September 1, 2008

T Minus 2 and Counting...

We fly out day after tomorrow. Less than 48 hours. Wow. Heavy sigh...

Sunday morning was hard. The youth praise band broke tradition and played a couple of my favorite praise songs. Then Renee and Stephen performed an absolutely beautiful song for me. I cried. The youth cried. Then I cried in church and after church. It was a wet morning.

Dinner Sunday night with my brother and sister-in-law was a wonderful remedy, however, because they are both excited and happy for us - and already planning their vacation! I suggested this Christmas, but they have 2 grandbabies due in December: Angie's son and his wife are expecting a baby boy and Mike's son and his wife are also expecting a boy. I have some serious knitting to get started on! But I will have the time once we get to Panama. Even if I have to let other things slide for a while! Baby knitting trumps housework, doesn't it?

Today our son (my stepson if you just have to get techincal about it) and his wife came up from Chattanooga to go over the house and get an idea of the things we do not want to keep and sort of plan a giant "estate sale" strategy. AND they are going to kind of take charge of getting the house ready for my daughter and her roommate to move in: stripping wallpaper in a room (or 2-3) and painting, cleaning carpet things like that. Robert told me to finish packing my suitcases, open a bottle of Eiswein, and relax. I can do that. Happily.

But it is T minus 2 days and counting. This time Wednesday we'll be over the Gulf (hopefully NOT in the path of Hanna!)

By the way, Robert and Angie qualified for sainthood in my book... Thanks to the both of you - for everything!

No comments: