Friday, September 19, 2008

Finally Coming Together

I think things are finally coming together. The tile workers just have the maid´s quarters´floor to finish, and the trim around the walls in the bedroom - and maybe a tad in the dining room. And the painters have the final touch-up work to do.

And, according to our Customs Agent ("fixer") in Panama City, our household goods will be at the house about 7-8AM tomorrow morning! Talk about Christmas Eve! I am very excited. There are some things that I have not seen in over a year! Mind you, other than the big lumps - ie. furniture, I´m not sure where everything will fit, but I don´t care! I can hug my KitchenAid mixer again!

The shipping ordeal was just that: an ordeal. I was terrified that there would be some ginormous glitch, but, thanks be to God, there wasn´t.

Oh, and by next Friday we should have internet access and cable TV at the house. That means my internet VOIP telephone will work and I can call people!!! We bought the Platinum level cable package because it was the one to give us ABC, CBS, and BBC. (If I am extremely lucky I´ll be able to watch Dr. Who AND Torchwood!)

There are a lot of exclamation points in this posting. When she was little, my daughter called them "excitement marks". I guess I am pretty excited. I pray that the reality is just as exciting.

No comments: