Friday, September 12, 2008

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...

and vice versa. Wednesday was the day that I spent in tears. Wailing, moaning, retchingly powerful tears. Two (or more) giant steps back.

Thursday was better. God gave me a couple of neat things to look at in the backyard: one was a gigantic caterpillar with sort of lacy growths (think some of the more fantastic seahorses) all along its back. It must have been 10cm (4 inches) long, green with black bands, and just fascinating to watch.

Then I spotted a very large bird (hawk maybe) in a tree next door. We watched it preen itself quite a bit. Bob got out his binoculars so I could see it pretty close up.

One step forward.

The one step back was that the tile that we really loved for the floors was not in stock and would not be available for about 2 weeks. So we had to drop back and punt. Again.

We drove into David this morning and found a compromise tile that we both can live with. Not my first choice, obviously, but the best that could be had immediately. We also bought a new light fixture for over the breakfast room table. WAY better than what is there currently.

Still have not met many people, but we are concentrating on getting the house ready for the furniture, which may actually arrive a week from today. Yay. Dishes. Glassware. Cookware. A REAL bed to sleep in. Sheets. Books. All the little things that make a house a home. Make a casa uno hogar?? No se.

I'm still having to use an internet cafe, so all the pictures I have taken will have to wait. I have a picture of the caterpillar, and lots of pics of the plantlife in the backyard. And the work in progress at the house.

The weather is moderate: warm during the day and cool at night. This is rainy season, so there are showers every afternoon. They don't last long, though.

I try not to think about how much I miss everyone.

One of the big steps forward is that I have the solitude to really concentrate on my quiet time, Bible study, and prayer. God has brought me here where I have no easy internet access, no TV, no radio, nothing to get in the way of totally concentrating on Him. I love it. I love pouring my coffee and sitting down in one of the borrowed chairs with my "Believing God" workbook, and reviewing my completed lessons. I am preparing for the lessons I have yet to complete. And I believe God has something wonderful in store for me - something that I will need just at the time I do each lesson. His timing is perfect. Mine ain't, but I'M BELIEVING GOD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New bugs are great!
I can't wait to see the caterpillar photos. The rainy season is what keeps Boquete looking so green and clean.

XOXO

gina