Thursday, September 4, 2008

In Country Less Than 24 Hours

and I made the local news! We got to the Hotel Riande last night to find a soccer team in the lobby. They are from Nicaragua and in Panama for an international tournament. I noticed the word MITRE on the shoulder of one of the uniforms and realized that their shoes were made by Genesco which is headquartered in Nashville. So I spoke to one of the cute young men while Bob was checking in to the hotel. And the cameraman I saw and thought was connected with the team apparently filmed me in my hand knit sweater (yay variegated yarn!) :)

We saw the story on the news tonight. Kinda neat.

We have moved from that hotel to one in town. It is somewhere to sleep and that is about it. But we do not really need to relax and luxuriate. We have work to do: locate and buy a car, check in with our lawyer about property taxes and other dibs and dabs, and then head to Boquete.

Traffic in Panama has been terrifying to me - and I will not drive. I have told Bob that if he will drive in the city, I will drive to Boquete. I may regret this if he actually makes me do all the driving.

Right now this all feels like a vacation. I know reality will set in again at some point, but for fight now I am taking it as it comes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mommy!

Miss you!

-Natalie

Anonymous said...

We are glad to hear you guys made safely to Panama! We would would love to see any pictures on your blog. We miss you both! Chris and Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi Brandy,
Sounds like you still have a lot to do even though you are in Panama....
we got back from Guatemala last night. I was sick almost the whole time. Thinking seriously of delaying our trip to Panama a few months until I can shake this thing.
XOXOX
Gina

Olivia said...

Hey Mrs. Brandy!
What an adventure you're on! I really wish I was your (real) daughter, and moved down there with you! I can't wait to hear about how God is using you for His glory! I'm definitely missing you and praying for you two!
LOVE!
Olivia