Saturday, September 13, 2008

God is SO Great!

On the way home yesterday, after posting my last message, I stopped on a whim at the Boquete Welcome Center where there is a coffee shop. After ordering my cafe negro I pulled out my freshly bought map to try to familiarize myself with my surroundings.

A friendly couple at another table asked me if I was visiting and I explained that we had just moved there from the States. They invited me to join them at their table, gave me their first names, and told me they had been living here in Boquete for about 3 years. We were having a lovely visit when I gave Jeannie my card with my email address. When she gave me her card, I realized that this was the couple who hold the weekly Bible studies in Boquete. I was so excited and moved by how God brought us together that I literally cried.

Jeannie is facilitating the Beth Moore study on Daniel. They are on week 7. I have my workbook in my household goods, but I know that I can pick up whenever our things arrive.

They told me about a house church that meets on Sunday mornings at 9:30AM. It is quite close to our house. And they worship in English! So we are planning on being there tomorrow morning. It will feel funny, going to church without stopping at the donut shop first, but there is not a Shipley Donuts nearby.

On the other hand, there is a KFC, TGI Fridays, Blockbuster Video, McDonald´s and Pizza Hut in David. But that is 38Km away in the other direction. And it is just not the same as picking up donuts for the youth at Inglewood Baptist Church. Miss you guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are really missing you both. Chris & Amy