Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Settling In (dash) Sort Of

One of the most important things to remember when you are in a foreign country is that you are in a foreign country. And the most mundane things can be, well, foreign. Take keyboards, for example. The AT sign, for one, appears over the 2 key. But when you push the shift key and then hit the 2 key, you do not get the @ sign. To get that you have to push alt 6 4 but only if you use the 6 and 4 keys on the numeric keypad. You get the idea (I hope) and (again I hope) understand why I have not posted in the past couple of days. I could not sign on to my own blog page!

Among other things, the lack of internet access in our own home deters me from posting pictures. At a dollar an hour for internet service I do not want to spend time figuring out how to upload pictures. I promise you all, however, that I am taking a boatload of photos of the before and the during of our home spiffing project. Right now the floor in the living room, dining room, and entry hall have been ripped out, and a couple of ginormous piles of wood are in the living room. Tomorrow the floor in the office of Bob (cannot find the apostrophe) and the master bedroom will be ripped up as well. Then new tile floor will be laid. And the walls will be painted. And I do not know what else.

Remember Commander Data, the android on Star Trekquestion mark He could not talk in contractions, and I cannot type in them.

We are here. We are alive. We are still speaking. Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brandy,
We are making our final plans for the trip to Boquete. In your opinion would it be easy for two gringos to drive from PC to Boquete .. or would it be a lot smarter to fly into David and then rent a car???

See you soon!

XOXOX,
Gina